Buddha (563 BC- 483 BC) quotes
- A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.
- A jug fills drop by drop.
- All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.
- Ambition is like love, impatient of both delays and rivals.
- An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.
- Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
- Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
- Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
- Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.
- It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
- No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
- There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it.
- You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
Thoughts & Comments