Sallust (86 BC- 34 BC) quotes
- A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means.
- Before you act, consider; when you have considered, tis fully time to act.
- Do as much as possible, and talk of yourself as little as possible.
- Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master.
- He that will be angry for anything will be angry for nothing.
- In battle it is the cowards who run the most risk; bravery is a rampart of defense.
- We employ the mind to rule, the body to serve.
Thoughts & Comments